Class review Spring 2018
1. Which four Biblical characters were mentioned together in the Talmud?
2. What do the four Biblical characters who were mentioned together in the Talmud have in common?
3. Which verse is cited regarding Moshe (Moses) – how does Rashi explain the citation?
4. What was Esther's real name?
5. What possible meaning is there for the name of Esther in light of mythology?
6. Which verse is cited regarding Esther? What is the message and meaning of the verse?
7. Which verse is cited regarding Haman? What is the message and meaning of the verse?
8. Which biblical character is suggested as a precursor of Haman?
9. Where was Mordechai from? What tribe was he from?
10. In what way can Mordechai be seen as the continuation or "tikun" of Saul?
11. What does the Arizal suggest is the deeper meaning for Mordechai's refusal to bow?
12. What building stood at the meeting point between Yehudah and Binyamin?